MCAT Behavioral Sciences Section
Two Key Concepts Tested
Foundational Concept 6: Biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors influence the ways that individuals perceive, think about, and react to the world.
- 6A: Sensing the environment
- 6B: Making sense of the environment
- 6C: Responding to the world
Foundational Concept 7: Biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors influence behavior and behavior change.
- 7A: Individual influences on behavior
- 7B: Social processes that influence human behavior
- 7C: Attitude and behavior change
Foundational Concept 8: Psychological, sociocultural, and biological factors influence the way we think about ourselves and others, as well as how we interact with others.
- 8A: Self-identity
- 8B: Social thinking
- 8C: Social interactions
Foundational Concept 9: Cultural and social differences influence well-being.
- 9A: Understanding social structure
- 9B: Demographic characteristics and processes
Foundational Concept 10: Social stratification and access to resources influence well-being.
- 10A: Social inequality
Click on the links below to learn more:
- About the MCAT
- MCAT Test Dates 2023
- Contact Dr. Donnelly about MCAT lessons
- Read our MCAT students' reviews
- MCAT Exam - Section by Section